Tuesday, February 5, 2002

Here we are!

Sorry about the lack of news! Scott has been working on the computer for the last couple days...we upgraded to Windows XP! It is pretty neat...Scott has been able to play a lot of his games that wouldn't work on Windows 2000, so needless to say, it's been hard to find time to post...

Anyway, we were very excited to see the Olympic torch as it came through Saint George last night. It was running quite late (due to a flat tire, I heard) so Taylor and I went out to the party at the mall for a little while and then came home and put the girls to bed. Scott wasn't feeling well yesterday so he stayed home with Shaylie. About 9:30, I woke Taylor up and she and I went out to the mall again to await the arrival of the Torch. We waited for about an hour, I'd say, in an amazing crush of people. When it finally came, I had to lift Taylor up so she could see it. I was trying to snap pictures (with my new digital camera!) at the same time so I'm sorry to say the pictures aren't that great, but at least Taylor got to see it and will hopefully remember it as a special event in her life. I'm glad that we had the chance and I only wish that Scott and Shaylie could have come too!

We just cannot get over our sicknesses. I am about at the end of my rope. It doesn't seem as though going to the doctor helps....he just prescribes antibiotics that don't seem to help. Oh well, it can't last forever, can it?

I am still hanging in there with Weight Watchers. At last total, I have lost 27 pounds! I
am not doing very well this week however, since it was SuperBowl weekend and we ate a lot of party foods. But I am still trying to do my best... The good thing is that I can take a break from it and still get back on track...

Taylor and Shaylie are doing very well (despite having the sniffles forever). Taylor is learning how to read in school and this Wednesday I am going to a "training" at the school to learn how to help her. She is definitely ready to read and has already learned some words by sight. It is very fun to see her progress. Shaylie is growing everyday. She is speaking more clearly all the time. Sometimes I can't tell if it is her or Taylor calling me. They sound so much alike.

Anyway, I will try to be better. I love you all and hope to see or talk to you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I was so glad to see news on the computer. You keep up the good work on the weight watchers, doing great. So glad you got a peek at the torch, I was afraid of the late hour, I've got to find out for Friday and see if it will be near me. We have it on the news right now at Antealope Island, its amazing. Hope you are feeling better Scott, I havn't seen you at your desk, been checking, must be busy. Well, I best get myself going, my love to all and big kiss to my girls, little and big and also my big boy. I Love you four much. Mom J.

    ReplyDelete