Monday, August 14, 2006

Happy Birthday to Shaylie! Happy First Day of School!

It seems like we've been counting down to this day for so long now that I can hardly believe that it's here!  Shaylie is 6 years old today....she has been waiting and waiting.  She told me today that 6 year olds can do a lot of things that 5 year olds can't...so I can't wait to see what her new abilities are...it's like her superpowers kicked in or something.  So exciting!  We had her birthday party last Thursday, a luau theme, and everyone had a great time...she got tons of presents (thank you everyone) and she loves the train that her dad and I got for her.  And so many puppies...they get to ride the train and everyone is happy.

It is also the first day of school, so the girls were up before their alarms this morning and insisted that we walk to school ("It's a tradition, Mom!")  The distance is about 3 times farther than our old house however and it was already around 90 degrees at 8:30 this morning, so you know how I felt about this.  But, we did it.  Even Bella, whom I am watching the next couple days, walked with us without complaining...she loved all the flowers and butterflies.  (We have so many butterflies from the surrounding fields!) We got to school and Taylor insisted that we drop her off outside the school.  She told me that when you get older that parents get embarrassing.  Heaven forbid!  So we didn't take her in, but we did sneak back later and peek into the class...she was busy doing bellwork and looked like she would be okay.  We did take Shay into her class and helped her organized her desk and keep her birthday treats tucked away until time to celebrate. She was already chatting away with a cute little girl who was sitting next to her when we left.  It's too bad we lose that spontaneity as we get older...

I think the girls are glad to be back...I know I am.  More updates and pictures to come! Love to all....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for watching Bella. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete