Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Nothing new...

Not much new...Scott did finish his first train layout ever! Yay! He took it to his office and I'm sure that he will have pictures soon.  The girls had their SEP conferences and as usual are both doing very well in school.  They are back in dance and are glad to be there. I have my first Presidency meeting tomorrow and I am returning to Panorama Elementary to help them figure out how to keep up their website.  There is a funny story about that too...

Mrs. Turner, the principal at Panorama, called me last week to set up the appointment to meet with Mr.Lingwall, the new webmaster at the school.  I told her I would be happy to help and we ended the phone call.  The next morning I get a phone call, again from Mrs. Turner..."Tonya, how are you?" she says.  "Fine," I say.  Then she proceeds to tell me how the PTA at the school usually provides an after school meal or sandwich during SEP week for the teachers, or if they don't that she can do it.  "Do you know what I'm saying?" she asks me.  I said no, I'm confused and I'm thinking that maybe she wants me to join them for the meal when I come to help.  She rephrases but basically tells me the same thing...That if the PTA doesn't want to provide a meal then she will do it.  "If you guys can't do it, then I will."  I'm stammering, trying to remind her that we have moved out of the school and I'm no longer on the PTA there.  "Who am I talking to?" she asks. "Tonya Jesienouski" I say.  "OH Tonya! I thought you were my PTA president!" (She happens to also be named Tonya this year) We laughed as we realized what has been happening.  She then let me off the hook.  I was relieved.  I was beginning to regret agreeing to the appointment.

Anyway, we are all doing well.  Looking forward to cooler weather coming!  Love to all...

2 comments:

  1. See I knew Mrs. Turner was a dork....She probley knows now your the best and thats why deep down she called you. ....But also, she didn't hire the bestest 1st grade teacher around.....See I was right....

    ReplyDelete