Friday, August 18, 2006

Checking In...

We've had a successful first week of school....Taylor likes her teacher and she says her class is fun, a lot of jokesters and laughing in class.  Shaylie is so glad to be back in school, her teacher is very strait-laced but I think she will be good. It is her first year teaching first grade so she may be a little stressed out with the transition.  Scott and I went to Back-to-School Night last night and I was so glad to find out that I don't have any homework for Taylor's class this year.  No homework to sign, no reading charts to keep track of, no papers to fill out every day....I love it!  I think the kids are old enough to start being more responsible for themselves by the Fifth Grade...It will be good practice for next year in the Intermediate School. 

I, myself, had trouble signing up for anything remotely volunteerish...I think I have burn out.  I did sign up to be a helper in both the girls' classes, and for the Book Fair, but I really had to force myself.  I think it will be fun once I'm going, I just dread the thought.  I'm just glad I'm not in charge.  I did run into a couple parents that I knew from my old neighborhood and the principal recognized me from the glowing recommendations that Mrs. Turner and the Tech director gave me, so that was nice.

Next week is my week to drive the car pool.  My friend Amy Miles and I are taking turns driving the kids to school since it is just too far and hot too walk.  We decided to take it in weeks, instead of days...this makes it nice when we don't have to drive.  Maybe the kids will want to walk a couple times when the weather cools, but for now...we'll add to the traffic hazard. 

I am also going to try to get into a daily routine next week....I must be disciplined.  Not usually my forte, but I want to set aside some time each day while the girls are at school to write.  And to do some projects: Grandpa's life history, guitar lessons, and maybe a photography class or spanish class, I haven't decided yet.  If Scott's and James' business picks up, I may be spending some time each day playing receptionist/secretary too.  I wouldn't mind that. 

Anyway, we are all well and looking forward to fun times ahead.  Hope all of you are well and that we get to hear from you soon.  Love to all!

5 comments:

  1. Well sounds like you are gonna be able to keep yourself nice and busy. Can't wait to hear the ol' guitar solo when I get down that way. Thanks again for watching Bella, just remember you will get your "free time" next week". LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Glad to hear the girls like their teachers and things are going good, back to a routine again after summer. Don't know where the summer has gone, pools will be closing soon. They raised rents and want everyone to be on a lease so been a busy couple weeks. I really feel for people on fixed incomes and no pay increases but things keep going up. Alot of unhappy people.
    Was great talking to the girls. Take care, be safe and My Love and Prayers Mom J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again, I tried to get to the pictures, couldn't get them. What am I doing wrong???????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, you might need to install flash on your computer. Go to http://www.adobe.com and click the button that says to install flash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well you get to the picking, remember to bush up on some ole' irish tunes and next time we are together we can jam
    love ya mike

    ReplyDelete