Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Holidays are Here...

And wouldn't you know? I'm sick.  I have absolutely no voice.  Scott's been making phone calls for me since I can't get anyone to hear me.  It all began Saturday night....after picking up our little Blackberry. 

We had a looong trip over to Salina (the girls were very anxious to get there) and then he was late coming...so every car that passed our meeting place was the one.   When he finally came, the girls were so thrilled.  Taylor kept asking me if it was a dream.  She was so good with him--she got up in the middle of the night several times to take him out and it was COLD!  That night, I started getting my cold or whatever it is...so we headed home earlier the next day than we had planned. 

On the way home, Blackberry started whimpering to get out of his carrier, but I wanted to wait for a good place to stop. He cried louder and Taylor started crying too!  She didn't stop all day. She cried and cried.  I think she was tired from the night before..mostly...she was also feeling overwhelmed by the responsibility, I think.  We told her that she didn't have to do it all by herself and after calling Grandma Dawn, she was feeling a little better.  Daddy gave her a blessing too and the next day she was feeling back to normal. 

I'm now staying up at night with the little guy...I hope this doesn't last forever!  It's like having a baby again! As sick as I am, I just want to sleep but Blackberry won't let me :-(  Boo hoo on me!  Still, he is super cute and fun....he is coming along with housetraining...he goes almost instantly now when we take him out...we just have to watch him diligently and he really like to chase the girls feet when they walk around the house.  So there is a lot of screaming and running and jumping up on the couches. 

Now that I don't have a voice...it's hard to praise and scold...but we are getting along fine!  And the girls are loving all the attention from friends and Blackberry himself.  Scott is doing great too! No reactions so far...YAY!  So far, our research is paying off!  Blackberry likes Scott too. Whenever he sits on the floor, Blackberry comes up and sits by him or chews on his feet...either way, he is turning out to be Daddy's little boy.

I did take him to the vet today (Blackberry, not Scott) and the vet thought he saw ear mites, but wasn't sure. He said if I saw him scratching alot to bring him back.  I hadn't noticed him scratching overly much before the visit, but since coming home, I've noticed him scratching a lot....so we're going back tomorrow.  I hope I don't have to pay another office visit...I should have just had him treated in any case while we were there today.  Oh well again! Live and learn...better safe than sorry...all's well that ends well? You can choose the cliche that works best.

So thanks for reading my very long post....making up for lost voice, I guess.  We'll post pictures when we get the time and energy.  I haven't even begun to think about Christmas yet and it is getting very close! Hope you all are having a great time decorating and preparing and shopping, etc.  Drop a post! Love to everyone!

1 comment: