Sunday, November 12, 2006

Big Weekend....

Well, we've had a big weekend around here.  Scott's train show was awesome!  They had a great turnout...Scott did a lot of advertising on his own and it was very effective.  We had many people from our ward and from the girls' school come to check it out.  Shaylie especially loved sitting with her layout and having all the little kids come over to check her out.  She looked so cute in her overalls and pink engineers cap.  I'm sad though that my camera batteries died, so I didn't get a picture of her this time.

We also had our Primary program today.  The kids did a great job.  Taylor gave a talk and Shaylie had her part completely memorized on her own.  Mom, Anissa and Anje came to support us and I got a kick out of watching Anje singing the songs right along with our kids.  I also had a small part and I am glad to have it behind us.  It was a lot of work and it turned out great.

Now the big news at our house is the Great Puppy Search.  We have practically decided to add a new member to our family.  I'm holding out until the girls can show me that they can keep the house puppy-proof and until we can find the right puppy for us.  We need a dog that doesn't shed overmuch and we've narrowed it down to a Cockapoo.  According to my research, doodles and especially cockapoos are good for people with allergies.  I've emailed a couple of breeders here in Utah and I'm hoping to hear whether they have puppies available.  Until then, the girls will keep looking at pictures on the web. They've fallen in love with so many puppies now--especially Rachel and Gala.  If only they were closer to us.  But, hopefully, we will find one we can bring home.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment