Saturday, May 26, 2007

School's Out...

The summer has begun...and so far it has been terrific!  The girls and I came up with a fun system that is going to help us all get our work done and have a blast at the same time.  Each time the girls do a chore or read a chapter in a book, they get a Chore Buck or Reading Buck.  Then they get to spend it in our Store which I've stocked with all kinds of little goodies.  I can't believe how it motivated them, but I shouldn't have been so surprised since it was their idea mostly.  We did a big housecleaning and the girls have read more than I think they did all school year.  Plus, it was FUN!

Today, the kids and Scott  and Blackberry have been in Holden helping Mom with a big backyard fence rennovation.  I would have gone too, but I need to be in Primary tomorrow. I'll join them as soon as church is out.  I'm going up to pick up Scott and Shaylie, but Taylor is staying up for a few days to visit Grandma, then my dad is going to pick her up on his way down to visit this weekend. 

I've just been enjoying a relaxing day at home...all by myself.  I was able to mop the floor and get some stuff done.  It was especially weird not having the puppy around.  I better enjoy it while it lasts. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment