Monday, October 22, 2007

Avoiding Slackitude

Just checking in....I don't want to be like some of you slackers out there who are always saying, "I don't have time to blog!" or "I don' t have anything to say."  I'm committing myself to at least a weekly post, if not more.  So take that, evil slackitude.  You won't get me! :-))

Work is going pretty well.  There is a dedcided lack of guidance.  I have a vague idea of what the end goal is but I guess how I get there is pretty much up to me.  I did get the chance today to meet some of the kids I will be working with.  They all seem like the strange, normal, confused teenagers they likely are.  I will enjoy working with them.

I'm taking Blackberry to Shaylie's class in about an hour.  It's her show and tell day and she's been planning to take BB in for a while now.  She also has her puppy collection and two trophies she's won.  I'm proud of her.  She's an awesome daughter. 

Speaking of awesome daughters, Taylor is doing well too.  She remains updefeated in soccer.  They won on Saturday a Million to one...or something like that.  She missed a penalty kick but unless you're lucky those are almost impossible to defend.  I just really enjoy sitting on the sidelines and hearing all the parents say, "Wow, that girl is good." and "She's a great goalie." or "Where did she learn to kick like that?" It's quite the ego booster.

We are going to try to have a Halloween Party for Tay and her friends (yes, she has some) but this is where the slackitude might get me.  I may have to spend the weekend making treats and decorations.  But she is in need of a good party, so I'll try my best to get it going. 

Scott has done a ton of stuff on his train layout.  I'm sure he'll post pictures soon.  He did a really cute thing with the trampoline.  He made it so it looks like one of the girls is jumping.  He's got the pics all posted on the other site he posts to...It's fun to see the PROGRESS!

The only other big deal going on right now is the annual Primary program.  It will be on November 11 and both the girls have parts.  I guess I also have a part since I'm the Primary President.  We are getting ready big time for it.  Wish us luck!  Any Grandmas, Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles, & Cousins are welcome to attend.  Give me a call and I'll give you details. 

I feel much better for having posted....staved off slackitude for another day...what a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment