Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I have a new job...

Starting on Tuesday, I will be working at Millcreek High School as their ETS advisor.  It is only 3.3 hours per day, which might be good to ease back into working.  I also have flexible hours so after I am trained, I will be able to go in during the hours that the girls are in school.  I actually think this might be the best thing for me.  I'm glad I'm not in charge of the universe, because I almost never have it all worked out. 

The girls are happy for me, and I think Scott is too.  He wants what I want, so since I'm not sure how I feel yet, I think that's how he feels too. 

Now I need to go shopping, though.  I have absolutely no workday clothing--and after almost 10 years, anything I had for work before is probably a little outdated.  I have a couple Sunday dresses that might work, but I think Millcreek is a little more relaxed than that, though I don't know for sure. 

My Dad and Pam are coming down tomorrow.  I'm excited to see them.  It's been a while since they've been to visit.  I'm trying to find something fun to do while they're here.  Tuacahn would be fun, but it's a little pricey.  I love having them come but I'm sure they get tired of sitting around my house or just going to eat.  There is the Corn Maze...that would be fun.  Or the Huntsman World Senior Games are in town, but I've never been to those before.  Anyway, I'm sure we'll come up with something.  If there are any ideas to share, please let me know.

The girls are out of school today, Thursday and Friday.  It's our "Fall Break" as opposed to UEA weekend.  For some reason, our district does not have UEA off.  I guess none of the teachers really went to UEA anyway, so they just decided to have Fall Break instead.  Works for me...a few days for fun and relaxing. 

Well, this has been a much longer post than I intended.  Lots to say, I suppose.  I'm sure I'll have just as much to say in a day or two, so I'll post again soon. Love to everyone...

5 comments:

  1. I think you will be excited to get back to a little school time.. Maybe you'll love it enough to get your teaching degree. or certificate......they are loooking for teachers down there......love you lots. Besides then you too could be making more than me in just 3 years.......Love ya :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the job tomorrow. :) You'll do a great job. And I just want everyone to know that Brandy had a great time meeting all of you. She looks forward to getting together again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last one was from me...oops. (But you knew that)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great time!!!! Thanks to everyone for everything.

    Pam & I would have been glad just to have a place to sit and enjoy the family, but it turned out that we needed the diversions & didn't even know it.

    Scott- Unbelievable train set-up. I envy you your ability to get caught up in your hobbies. The reality of the set is fantastic. I especially enjoyed the house & jogging trail.

    Taylor - Thanks for taking Gramma Pam out to the 'Screaming Place'. She is healing up nicely and truely enjoyed the time she spent with you.

    Shaylie - Thank you for playing Monopoly with me. It is one of my favorite games and even better, playing games with you is one of my favorite things.

    Anissa & Anje - Thank you for taking time from your busy weekend to spend time with us. We really enjoyed Cinderella and dinner. You are welcome to bring your Mom along any time that you want.

    Chad & Brandy - We had a great time meeting Brandy and are looking forward to the next time we get to spend time with you all. Think about coming up to Orem.

    Bella - We had such a great time having you come over, ride with us in the convertible, go out to breakfast and listen to your stories.

    Tonya - Congratulations on the new job. Remember, nothing is the same for long so enjoy this before PT turns to FT. (Get some more writing done in the meantime). Thank you for making us so welcome in your home. We really needed to de-pressurize and you found just the right combination of sitting and going!

    I should let you all know that after we dropped Bella off, we just couldn't face going north yet so we did just the opposite, we went to Mesquite for one night and then finally headed home on Mon. Just as we got to Fillmore, reality set back in and I had 3 phone calls come in at the same time, all reminding me that vacation was over. Oh, well. It was great while it lasted.

    You all helped to refresh an old, tired spirit and reminded me of just how wonderful this world is, especially when I have the most fantastic family in the world.

    Love to you all from Papa & Gramma Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love ya Tonya,
    Welcome back to the "RAT RACE" - If you need to chat and/or scream about the "Education People" Call me, it's my new favorite hobby.

    ReplyDelete