Wednesday, October 17, 2001

Lots of News today!

Some good, some not so good!

First, the good news... I got a phone call today from the PTA Reflections Contest coordinator. She called to tell me that Taylor's essay about kittens won, and will be moving to district competition. (It was a cute essay. I should post it here so you can read it...I'll ask Scott how.) The awards assembly is on Monday at 10:30. We will all go to see Taylor get her first award ever! We are so proud of her! Way to go Tay!

And now, the not so good news...I found out today, by way of a check-marked box on a lab results paper in the mail, that my lower back pain has been diagnosed as ADVANCED DEGENERATIVE DISC DISEASE AND ARTHRITIS. I was in for x-rays last week and I hadn't heard from the doctor, so last night I left a message on the clinic machine. Today, Amber called from the office and told me that the doctor had mailed a letter with the results and to continue with the medication he gave me. If it is still bothering me in a few weeks, I should call back. Well, I won't go into a big rant here, but.....I was not happy to hear this. (If you are interested in my rantings, give me a call and I will do it in person.) I still really have no idea what is going on. It's hard to ask questions of a checklist in the mail, but...I looked it up on the internet and found out that the terminology is used to describe a myriad of conditions. So, of course, I still know nothing. I will be calling in a few days to make another appointment. Hopefully, I will get some answers then.

Anyway, we are really happy for Taylor. She is getting ready to enter another couple of contests at her school. She is ready to win some more "medals" she says. I'm sure she will.

1 comment:

  1. First congratulations Taylor on the award on the essay you wrote on kittens. Please, have mommy put it on the computer so we can read it. I'm so proud of you and I can just see Papa J. saying "Way To Go Sweet Pea.
    Tonya, was sorry to hear the results on your back, but Honey don't worry about it till you see the doctor and talk to him again. It's hard to understand all this medical stuff, sometimes it is not as bad as it sounds, get your appointment soon and get in there to review things over with him. There are so many things that can help in cases like that, maybe some therapy or something. Will be waiting to hear. You are always in my prayers.
    Scott will you be coming up on Monday? Will talk to you guys later my Love and Prayers. Mom J.and Grmama J.

    ReplyDelete