Saturday, October 13, 2001

Lots of Fun at the Carnivals!

We have had a fun couple of days. Yesterday was Taylor's Rodeo Round-up at her school. It is a carnival and dance that the school PTA puts on each year. Taylor dressed up like a cowgirl for her Pony dance. She's been really excited about it since they have been working on it in class for a while. Then she got to go play games and win prizes at the various classrooms they had set up. It was fun!

Tonight we went to the carnival that has been set up at the old Wal-mart parking lot. Taylor was so excited, we could barely keep her with us. We bought her an all-day pass even though we got there about 6:00 tonight. It was a good thing though, since I'm sure she rode everything at least twice. We ran out of tickets (for Mom and Dad) pretty quick. Shaylie got to ride on one of the twirly rides too, but I'm not too sure she enjoyed it. I'm sure she will when she is older. She did enjoy the people and the lights though. Shaylie and I came home about 8:00, while Tay and Dad stayed to enjoy it longer. As I am writing this (9:00), they are still there. It's late for her, but hey...how often do you have a Carnival this close to your home?

Thanks everyone for ordering from Taylor's fund raiser too! She sold about $168.00 worth of stuff for her school. That means she earned about $80.00 for her school and she won a prize. She got to choose between a touch light, a stop watch and a candy dispenser in the shape of a rocket. She chose the stop watch. She also gets three books and an All-star key chain. Thanks for helping her reach her goal. It's been a good experience for her.

Well, I better go! I always write a long epistle, since I don't get online very often. We love you all! We're especially thinking of you, GrMama J, today! We love you very much...talk to you soon!

1 comment:

  1. good Morning my dear ones. I seen you in your office scott but you were busy. I'm so glad that Taylor made her goal for the contest at school. I wish I could have at the carnival at school, sounded fun. Shaylie and Grmama J. would just watch people and the lites, thats our speed. Thanks for your call on Saturday eve, I did appreciate it and always enjoy hearing from you guys. I went to the cemetery on Sunday and the balloon was still good so left it there. It' hard but will be ok. You guys have a good day and Love and Kisses to all. Grmama J.

    ReplyDelete