Thursday, June 3, 2004

A Great Game!!!!!!

After a terrible practice, I was very nervous about last night's game, however, I feel that last night's game was the best we had in my three years of coaching :D It did not start off well, however, as when I called the team together, we were short 6 players! Well, 2 players showed up in the next 5 minutes, so things ended up being somewhat ok in the player count.

There were 5 players on the opposing team that were on my last year's team. I feared them a lot, as they were all big hitters last year and thought that they would be even bigger this year. Much to my surprise, each one of them had a very off night. Austin, who I called "Mighty Mite" last year for his ability to hit the ball a mile even though he was very small, hit two little weak hits on the infield. Tara, who hit line drives last year, barely hit the ball to the pitcher. All the others also didn't hit the ball hard, in fact, one kid that I backed my outfielders out for, struck out. I was very surprised.

My players did awesome! My infielders (Taylor, Brennan, Brenr, JD) made at least 12 outs in the game (which was more than we had had all season long), everyone got hits, and we cleared the bases easily with our big three hitters (JD, Taylor, Brenr). I was so proud of my team. They played very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment