Thursday, June 17, 2004

What a morning

We had a blackout during our baseball game last night. Driving home we had 4-way stops at each of the intersections (not fun). The power came back on just as we were walking into the house. BTW, the game was ok, and we got some good hits and outs.

After the power came back on, I went to the EC. That was my only good building, all the UPS's worked right and none of the servers had even turned off. At my building, however, the UPS on the phones failed and the phones took a while to reboot. The UPS on my server completely failed and could no even handle things being plugged into it, so now my server is plugged into the wall. (Pray for no power failures) Once I finally got that server running, it said that it could not see my health server, but I have no keys to that building, so I had to wait until morning.

This morning I rode my bike on the bike trail as the health building is near one of the trails. When I got there, the server was on (sortof), but the WAN connection was down. After an hour on the phone, that finally came back up and I was able to fix the server problems. Then I biked to my office and fixed a couple of people's computers.

I am getting my exercise today.

Taylor and Shaylie have tube day at their swimming lessons. I wonder what Shaylie is going to think of riding in a hydrotube :)

No comments:

Post a Comment