Thursday, June 10, 2004

Another Great Game

We had another very good game. The only problem was that only 8 kids showed up! Fortunately, all the players hit, and we got some incredible outs. One kid hit a line drive and JD caught the ball just before it hit the ground. Little Kenneth (and I mean little) caught a pop-up and ran and touched his base for a double-play and would have EASILY had a triple-play and possibly more if he hadn't thrown the ball to the pitcher, who is the other team's coach. :rolleyes: We got several outs on their team and they only got two on us the whole game.

Now the most important thing. Brenr wasn't at the game, so Taylor was the last hitter. Taylor hit the ball a MILE! :D She hit the ball so hard and so far that she had time to easily get around the bases, even when she ran HARD into the 3B-man and they both tangled up. Although she was hurt, he got the way worse of it.

In fact, their team was getting killed last night. One of their players twisted his ankle running to second base. One kid fouled the ball right into his, well, never mind. Another kid, two pitches in a row, hit foul line-drives into girls on his team. And of course, the Taylor body check! There wasn't a minute of game where someone on their team wasn't crying. It was a weird night. I even got hit in the face with a ball when I wasn't paying attention, but I'm ok ;) The ball is soft.

Taylor and I went bike riding again on the trails. We went a little too late, however, as I needed to have my bike lights on for the end of the trip.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Sounds like you guys are busy riding your bikes, Taylor, you are in good shape to ride your bike 14 miles, I would be pooped. :laugh:
    I started water workout, new place in Murrey park, I went twice last week, was fun and I really liked it. So between my tread mill and maybe swimming I will get my chorlostral down, was very high, I also need to lose some weight. :( :(
    The other manager has been sick for three weeks, she ended up in the hospital for three days her sodium was very low, probably from all the medicine for her sinus infection. Anyway, her husband worked for her, they probably would fired me if I got sick for 3 weeks.
    How are the swimming lessons going girls, you will be like two fishes.
    Sorry to hear about your fish Taylor, sounds like you got a really pretty one now. Hey, that baseball sounds like a pretty rough sport, you be careful and you to Dad, don't forget to duck. :hehe:
    Watch Mr Reagan funeral and everything yesterday, poor Mrs Reagan along day for her, I think she had just had it at the end and broke down. What a funeral and what an honor for him.
    Well, I best get busy, phone is ringing.
    XX For my two girls. My Love and Prayers, Mom J.

    ReplyDelete