Friday, July 28, 2006

Heading Up North...again!

I can't wait to see Taylor so I've decided to cut my Mom Vacation short by one day and come up with Scott tonight to pick her up in the morning.  I had originally planned just to send Scott to pick her up since I am singing in church on Sunday and I have a primary lesson to prepare but I've decided that I have to go and see her tent and meet her friends and just welcome her home in general...I can't believe what a worry-wart I've been over this whole thing...I was so relieved to get her letter on Thursday that I can't even tell you.  I now can't wait to see her in person and get the whole scoop on camp.

Shaylie wants to come with us too! That will be fun since it is likely that she will be heading up to camp with me next summer.  We're thinking of taking the whole family to a camp next year.  SHaylie has been having fun at Grandma's....I've only had a couple of phone calls saying that she is homesick, but hearing my voice seems to be enough to snap her out of it.  I've been doing a bunch of shopping for her birthday party, which is coming up so soon.  She'll be surprised to see all of her decorations and stuff....but I'll never hear the end of her asking "is it my birthday yet?' She is so cute.

I've enjoyed my few days without children.  I've been able to read, watch dvds, catch a movie, go to lunch with Scott and just enjoy the absence of friends and general chaos.  But, I will be glad to have my family back together again.  I'm sure the time will come all too soon, when I will wish for the chaos of the girls' younger days.  Having these short times away from them really makes me appreciate them more when they are here.  I am missing them a lot. 

So, I'm sure we'll have a post soon filled with all the camp & birthday & school happenings.  Love to everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment