Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My Mom Vacation has begun!

We took Taylor up on Sunday to Girl Scout Camp! That was a fun day.  We took our time going up and stopped at a few different places along the way.  Taylor was a bit anxious earlier in the day, but by the time we got there, and she saw the familiar campsite and we reminisced a bit about our Mom and Me camps and showed Dad around the place, she was good to go. 

Our poor little van almost didn't make the trip up the mountain.  I didn't think we'd have any trouble but it was groaning on the way up and I almost melted the brakes on the way down.  Since our experience last year, I was watching the brakes very carefully though and we didn't do any harm.  Just had to stop for a few minutes to let them cool down a bit.  We may have to borrow Grandpa's truck to pick her up. 

We spent the 24th at Holden. They always have a big fun celebration at the park. After that, and some visiting with Grandma and Grandpa Heath, Scott and I took off for home.  Shaylie is spending the week at Grandma Dawn's.  She was a little homesick last night, but she called me up and is doing fine.

So, I'm on my own today.  The house is very quiet, Scott is at work and I'm enjoying a little kid-free time.  I'm sure I won't stop worrying that Taylor is having a good time, or that Shaylie is happy and not driving anyone too crazy, but it is nice to have a little time to relax and regroup....especially right before school starts.

When I hear anything new about either of the girls...I will post again.  Taylor is planning to write to me, so I am looking forward to getting a letter or two before Friday.  Love to everyone....talk again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your psuedo-vacation!

    I hope that you get a chance to really enjoy the time alone. I also hope that you and Scott get a chance to enjoy some time without kids. Take the opportunity to spoil yourselves individually and collectively.

    Pam & I will be at Papa's in Orem this weekend. If you are close, drop by and let me take you out to lunch and hear some camp stories.

    Love & best wishes,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll give you a call. I may not be coming to pick Taylor up, but Scott and Taylor would love it, and if I come up I would love to see you too. We'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete