Tuesday, September 26, 2006

End of September Update

I can't believe it....October is almost here.  I am excited to get ready for Halloween. My girls want to have matching costumes this year but they don't know exactly what yet.  I have a new house (palette) for decorating this year so it should be fun.  I saw the cutest "snow" globes for Halloween with ghosts and flying bats. I can't believe all the great stuff they have.

Scott made it home, and was only depressed for a couple days about his trains. It seems that most of the parts can be replaced and Percy is going back to the company for replacement too.  So all will be well.

I have been walking every morning after the kids go to school. It's been great for me and the mornings are so cool these days. I love it.  I am trying to make this a habit for me. I just hope I can keep it up when it starts to get really cool.

Taylor found out yesterday that one of the girls in her class lives just down the street from us...so she is feeling a little better about some things.  And Girl Scouts starts tonight, so she'll get to see her friend Emily again.

We had a really great home evening last night.  Taylor asked some wonderful questions about what happens after we die.  We got to talk about the Plan of Salvation and clear up some of her misunderstandings.  She thought only Mormons go to heaven, which is not what we believe at all. In fact, when I told her that we teach that everyone goes to heaven, even so-called "bad" people she was quite shocked.  I guess that is why it is good to have Family Home Evening...so we can teach and learn from each other.  Anyway, she is an amazing girl.  I could tell she was really trying to understand the Lord's plan for us.  I love that about her...she has never taken anyone elses word for it, she always has to study it out and learn for herself.  Anyway....I digress.

Shaylie is doing well in school and has plenty of friends to play with, but...she misses our old neighborhood too.  I was taking her to a birthday party for one of her friends (in the old place) and as we drove nearer, she started to cry and ask why we had to move away?  Poor little girl.  She was worried that nobody at the party was going to remember her, but of course they did.  So I think she is going to be okay.

I also just had the good news that my "Making the Friendship Connection" article has been picked to be featured in the Babies newsletter from ClubMom.  That means it will be sent out to everyone instead of them coming to find it.  It's very exciting.

Well, this post has been much rambling and random thoughts.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Love to all...

1 comment:

  1. Wiish I could walk with you.......Paintiing will have to keep me in shape for now.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete