Sunday, September 3, 2006

We made it...

We survived my first Sunday as Primary President.  Being Labor Day weekend, both of my counselors (and half the teachers) were out of town, so it was me, the secretary and the music people. It ended up going well, but I have to admit I was nervous.  We doubled up some of the classes.  And the sharing time lesson that I planned seemed to hold the kids attention and they seemed to like it. The great thing is that now I know that if I can get through a "worst case scenario" like today, then everything else is going to be fine.   It really wasn't that bad, but I don't want to imagine any situations that might be worse.  I had a good time and I think this is going to be a very adventuresome and exciting calling.

Dad and Pam are here visiting...Chad and Anissa have been over to visit off and on as well.  Tomorrow, we are thinking of driving out to the new Sand Hollow Reservoir either to stay and play, or if it is too busy, we'll just have a look and then come back into town and go to the splash park.  We may go do Blue Bunny ice cream too.  We are having a good time visiting and catching up.

Love to everyone and hope to hear from you soon....

1 comment:

  1. Hi, WOW That looks like a great train set up. Looks like you did a great job. Glad to hear the kids are doing good. Drop me a card girls, love to hear from you.
    I went to mass at nine, got my floors wiped up and I think I will go over to the mall for awhile, just to get out. I've got alot of rent checks to get caught up on also. Went to mass on Saturday nite and went to Wendover yesterday, Gladys was able to go, came home with fifty dollars more than what I went with, was a fun day.
    Congratulations Tonya on your position at the church, you will do good, you have great ideas for children and can take care of them all with your talents.
    Take care and My Love and Prayers, Mom J. XX For my girls

    ReplyDelete