Thursday, September 21, 2006

In the rain...

Scott's on his way to SLC for his annual GeekFest....I don't think that's the official name, though.  We had a little stress before he left, mostly my fault. 

I had my primary presidency meeting this morning and several of the people had to bring their kids with them. I didn't think it would be a big deal, we got the Big Room ready for them and thought they would just play while we met...but some escaped and made their way down to Scott's MOST TREASURED TRAINS in the living room.  Their mom came down to round them up right away but not before the kids broke the couplers on several trains, ripped the box of the Thomas engine, and generally destroyed the whole thing.  Most of it was fixable but we will have to order and replace the couplers, if not replace the whole car.  Scott was not a happy person when I called to tell him, but fortunately, it wasn't as bad as I told him on the phone since I was able to fix a lot of the damage.  I should have realized that the kids would not stay where I wanted them and put the trains up before the meeting.  But I didn't.  I've been making a lot of these shoulda-woulda-coulda mistakes lately.  It's not fun.  I hope I can get my act together one of these days.

The mom said she would be happy to replace what is broken, so that is good. We don't know exactly what it is going to cost since we have to do some research to find the right parts and replacements etc.  It could be a lot or not much.  I hope not much.

Well, I hope everyone is enjoying the cooler weather.  We are!  Let us know how you are doing...Love to all!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! First trainwreck!!!! The thing about trainwrecks is that they are not what you would expect. If they were, you would have expected it and fixed / prevented it. My guess is that after you have had a chance to check it out, it won't be quite as bad as it seemed at first. (Tonya, remember those bumper stickers - S*** Happens! The likelyhood of it happening is raised to a power equal to the number of kids involved. It isn't your fault.) Tell the lady Thank you for offering to pay for it. It is amazing how many people wouldn't even think to offer. Then don't let her. It's just one of those things that happens when kids are involved and the best long-term feeling for everyone will be when there isn't money involved.

    I hope Scott is having a great time with the geeks.

    We need to come down again. The cooler weather has turned into snow here. Night time temps right at freezing! We have got to get the house listed and sold, so that we can get down to where it is still in the 40's.

    We love you all and miss you. Dad & Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, sorry, not enjoying the weather yet. It's very annoying..I'm trying to get the trailor painted and the rain and the snow just keep on coming......
    I may have to paint Sunday in the back....just to get it done.and next week is supposed to be good ..... Sorry about the trains. Good thing Scott had to leave....
    He may calm down before he gets back hopefully and maybe can visit his favorite train place up north, before he comes home.....

    ReplyDelete