Friday, September 29, 2006

Deck the Haunted Halls...

I spent the evening pulling out Halloween boxes and putting up decorations. Unfortunately, I picked one of the hottest days of the past three weeks. It was toasty today, but it was fun to pull out all our stuff.  Taylor and Shaylie and their friends had fun dressing up in all the costumes, which reminded me of doing the exact same thing each year when we were kids.  I especially remember the Indian gunny sack dress and the red yarn Raggedy Ann wig.  I guess not much changes, but don't ask my daughter if that is true....I have to tell you what she said the other day.

She (Taylor) came home from school the other day and I thought she looked especially cute. I had just bought her a new outfit and I told her I thought she looked terrific. I asked her if any of the kids in her class had commented on her new duds and she immediately gasped and rolled her eyes at me. She said, "No one comments on people's clothes anymore. What are you from the 20th century or something?"  Well, I guess I am, but I still didn't understand what that had to do with the price of peanuts.  Oh well, I must be getting old.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to conference this weekend.  President Hinckley is getting so old and frail looking. It wouldn't surprise me if it was his last. I hope not though.  It also means no Primary so I get a day off.  Always nice.

Hope everyone is doing well.  Haven't heard from too many with the posts.  Feel free to drop us a line. We love to get comments on our blog.  Love to all...

2 comments:

  1. Hi, What a great week with the weather but suppose to be a change on the way. One of my sweet little ladies that I take communion to on Friday, passed away, so we are having a service on Monday morning, I took Monsignor over on Tuesday to give the last blessing. She was such a sweet lady and with all her problems always a smile on her face when I would come to see her. No family, has a daughter in Calif. they don't talk and a grandson who has disappeared off the face of the world. Like I said to Mom today when I came back from the rest home to see if I could find a picture of her, " that is what we will all be someday a box full of junk to people but that was our life to us".
    Thanks for the call girls, love to talk to you. So glad to hear things are going good for you at school, dancing and Scouts.
    Sounds like fun getting the house decorated for Halloween, I seen a little boy in Walmart the other day, he was so excited, kept yelling at his Dad "Look at this Daddy" all the cute decorations, he could hardly stand still. I got a laugh and put a smile on my face.
    Not much else going on , going to the Rosary march at St Ann's tomorrow and then Aunt Roxy and I are going to the cemetary to put up some flowers, got a cute thing put together for Stan's birthday on the 13th.
    Take care and My Love and Prayers, Mom J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See the olivasgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete