Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Great Weekend

It was so good to see my Dad & Pam this weekend. We started out kind of slow, not a lot of activity...just catching up and visiting.  I also had a lot of primary stuff to do on Saturday and Sunday...so I was hoping everything wasn't too boring for our visitors....but Monday we headed out to the Sand Hollow Reservior.  It was Labor Day so I was afraid that it would be really busy...and it was....but we found a nice little niche in the rocks to hang out and play.  Scott and Taylor swam out to the newly christened Desert Pearl Island and we watched as they got up their courage to jump off an almost 30 foot outcropping on the island.  Scott went first, and after about 10 running starts, Taylor finally went off the edge...It was incredible.  I've decided we need to get some cool water toys...an inflatable raft, or some tubes, or some jet skis...to take out there. We live so close and it was just so much fun to play on the beach...It would be terrific to spend more time out there. 

Anyway, thanks for visiting you guys.  We are so glad that you are moving closer so that we might be able to do it again and more often.  Anytime! We love to have family come and visit us! Love to all! Post a comment! We'll update again soon...

3 comments:

  1. We had a great time with you and the rest of the family, yours & Anissa & Chad. It was a great reunion. I am now looking forward with even more anticipation when we can do it again with everyone.

    You thought it started out slow, but the truth is, Pam & I were burned out from the last few weeks and we needed time to rest and recuperate with family. Thank you for your wonderful hospitality.

    The house is incredible. I really loved seeing how everything has worked out for everyone, all of the trains, sports, playroom, etc. We will start looking for water toys so that we can come play. Maybe we can get Bryan et al to bring theirs and we will all play.

    Love to you all from Dad & Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, We had our parish picnic today, was alot of people for awhile and then it backed down. Was nice but my feet hurt, oh well.
    Was a beautiful day as far as weather, really cools off nice at nites tho.
    Don;t have much for news.
    Take care and My Love and Prayers, Mom J. XX For my girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I mowed lawns :0 Love Mom

    ReplyDelete