Monday, September 18, 2006

Back from the Zoo...Busy Weekend Over

Taylor made it back safely from the Zoo and, despite a little mix-up with the pick-up, she had a great time.  They got snowed on and had to sleep indoors rather than in tents like they planned and they visited the planetarium the next day.  Taylor had fun on the Moon Bounce, a moon gravity simulation. 

I got to see Cats this weekend out at Tuacahn.  It was very good-- not what I expected to see, but not entirely surprising either.  I'd heard a lot about it over the years, including the famous song, but even  though I knew it well, Grizzelda still brought me to tears.  I went with Anissa, Mom and Anje and during the intermission some kids were going up on stage to talk to Old Deuteronomy, who apparently stayed out on stage for this purpose. Anje ran up and sat on his lap for a minute or two.  I cracked myself up by asking her if she told him what she wanted for Christmas, but maybe you had to be there.  It was fun.

All my meetings went well. I am very happy with my calling. I've got great counselors and I love working with the Primary children.  So far, I have no complaints. It's been just right to keep me from getting bored all alone at home by myself during the day.  I guess I always had housework for that, but it's not anywhere near as fun.

We have another busy weekend coming up but Scott won't be here for it. I guess he has to go up to SLC for a meeting.  We'll miss him, we always do.

As always, we hope to hear from all of you who read our blog. Let us know how you are doing...we love you. Post again soon...

5 comments:

  1. Glad Taylor enjoyed the zoo / planetarium. Some of my favorite memories are of us going there when you all were kids. What were Scott & Shaylie up to (trains I would guess)?

    We saw Cats on PBS some time ago. I didn't know what to expect, but I did enjoy it. I loved your 'santa' comment to Anje. It is nice to know that everyone in the family is just quirky enough!

    Congrats on the calling going so well.

    We are talking about when to come do the table exchange. Do you have any preferences? Any upcoming dates to schedule around, etc.?

    Love, Dad & Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome anytime. Our next days off of school are Oct. 12, 13 for UEA. I don't know what we are doing, if anything....probably not anything. Whenever you have time, we'd love to see you again and make the swap.

    Love to you both! T:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous of Taylor and the snow! Sounds like lots of fun!
    I have seen Cats twice, once very good and once very bad!
    Glad your experience was good. It is an amazing show when done right.
    love to all!
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun going with my girls . I'm glad my mind was cleared a little on the plot of the whole cat thing...it does make more sense when you know about it al little...before the show...The first time was so confusing..now I'm as clear as I get....I guess....
    We're doing the Park City condo on Weds through Sunday. Anissa and Anje and I
    and anyone else who would like to go....let me know we can arrange....
    My classes are still building I had two more want to come in today... and two more called. One student from 1999 came to finish her paperwork because I told her I would let her in until it was done. She finished today, and is starting Oct.
    Funny students.....that will make 21...and I started with 5... Love you all....Thanks again Tonya for taking the time to save me.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. TONYA IS THE BEST.....SHE SAVES ME ALL THE TIME...
    SHE JUST MADE THE CUTEST INVITATION FOR OUR SCHOOL FALL SOCIAL.
    SHE IS ALWAYS READY TO HELP ME IN A MINUTES NOTICE (LITERALLY).
    LOVE TO HER FROM HER MOM

    ReplyDelete