Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year! 2008 is here!

Well, the end of 2007 has come and we are looking forward to an exciting 2008.  We rang in the new year in style.  We had a big party last night with most of our friends and about half of our family here with us (we missed the Denver and Orem clans.)  It was a New Year's party in the traditional style...tons of food, drink, games and fun.  We set up a movie in the big room, theater style.  And we capped off the night watching the First Night fireworks, which we could see perfectly from our front yard.  The kids ran around the cul-de-sac blowing noisemakers until Scott was worried someone would turn us in for disturbing the peace.  It was a fun night. 

We woke up this morning (not quite afternoon) with Resolutions on our mind.  We all did our weigh in for Biggest Loser St. George...Anissa, Scott, Taylor and I are all heading for more healthy lifestyles.  I am joining the gym tomorrow and Taylor wants to as well, if they will let her.  I'm of the opinion that it is never too early to get in the habit of regular exercise.  So, if she can, I'll pick her up from school everyday and we'll go work out. 

My other resolution is to be more organized.  I missed Shaylie's Christmas program at school last month among other things, mostly because I am busy, but also because I just didn't write it down and I had nothing to remind me to go.  I promised her that I wouldn't forget anything else the rest of this year. So, I had been trying to find a phone/pda that can help keep me on track, but Verizon won't let me buy a PDA phone (I liked the VX6800) without buying a Data Service plan too.   I know I won't use it so I don't want to buy it, but according to them there are no loopholes.  So now I'm looking at the LG Venus or Voyager.  They both have calendars that can sync with my computer and I am hoping that I can use it to keep me from losing my mind.  I like the Voyager, but it's main selling points are a touch screen, a qwerty keyboard for texting and mobile TV, the last two of which I don't care about.  Aside from those things, Venus has everything the Voyager has including a touch screen of sorts so that's likely the one I'm getting.  Now I just have to decide: pink or black?

My last resolution is to get things fixed.  I have to get my car fixed (again) and I'd like to get my back fixed (for the first time...again).  The car will be an easy fix, we hope.  I'm so tired of putting money into it.  My back may not be easy, but it is necessary. I'm tired of being in pain ALL THE TIME!  I would love to be able to look forward to going to bed and waking up in the morning feeling refreshed and renewed, instead of feeling like I was hit by a Mack truck in my dreams.  So, I'm going to embark on the adventure that is Modern Health Care and hope I come out the other side alive and Well!  Wish me luck!

That's it for us...We wish you a Happy New Year!  Hope things are going well for you and yours and that you have resolved to improve your lives, your situation, and the world in some small way.  Good luck to you and hope to hear from you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to everyone!!

    Since I have awarded myself honorary St George resident, may I join in your "get in better shape" program. I started before the holidays with swimming and I really want to see it through.

    Our New Years wasn't as exciting as yours, due to sickness. Bryan & Dena were the perfect hosts, but everyone, and I mean everyone was sick. Pam & I are still trying to recover. We have bear everything except for sinus infections. Thanks to the Lord for antibiotics!!!

    Best wishes on your upcoming changes! Lov e, from Papa & Gramma Pam

    ReplyDelete