Sunday, December 30, 2001

Hello from Mesa!

Hello...we are having a fun time down here at Dad's house. We have had a big group visiting (well, I guess we are really the big group, but...), my brothers Mike and Bryan have been here everyday with their wives Erin and Dena, and of course, my little buddy, Ashton. We have been having a ton of fun playing games and being entertained by the girls.

Yesterday, we had a big birthday party for Anje...she just turned 4 on Dec. 23rd. Anissa filled the whole living room with balloons and the girls and Ashton had a great time playing in them. We got some great pictures. Later, Uncle Mike and Aunt Erin took Taylor and Anje for a big surprise...they got to go to Build-A-Bear. The girls got to stuff and accessorize their own stuffed animals. They both picked out the very same orange tabby kitten to stuff without knowing about the other. That was pretty interesting! They are the cutest things. They had fun doing it too!

Today is Christmas Too! We are going to open up presents as soon as everyone arrives. There are almost as many presents as Christmas the original! If that is possible...

On a sadder note, both Shaylie and I and Anissa are sick now. The germs must have been running rampant in the car on the way down here! I am feeling pretty miserable but I think I have finally got the right medicine after three different trips to the drug store. (Sorry Scott!) Hopefully, we will all be feeling better soon and won't end up infecting all of Arizona while we are here.

We miss Scott terribly! It's going to be the first New Years' that we have ever been apart (that's over 10 years worth!) Somehow, I ended up telling the story last night of how Scott and I met, the whole dating story, and it made me very homesick and nostalgic for my sweetie.

But, we will have the camera going that night so we can check in with each other. I don't know if it will be on all night but definitely at midnight, so we can say Happy New Years!

Well, I am just checking in....We'll let you know how things are going in another day or two. Love you all! Tonya, Shay and Tay...

4 comments:

  1. Hi, to everyone in Mesa and a "Happy New Year" to all. I will probably be in bed before the new year gets here, a party pooper is me. So sorry to hear that you guys are not feeling well, sure hope by now everyone is doing good. Scott, "Happy New Year" to you also. I suppose you are working again today. It's been snowy here all day, I didn't go to the cememtery, those roads are not real great up there in the winter. Stopped and seen A. Roxy and visited with Clara at St. Joseph Villa and then I just came home.
    You guys take care and be safe!
    My Love and Prayers, Mom J.
    BIG HUGS AND KISSES TO MY TWO SWEET PEAS. gRMAMA j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rose. Hope you don't come down with anything. It's a yucky flu or cold or something. Take care of yourself and Happy New Year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your haveing a good time....Ill turn my camera on midnight if thats a ok on your side.
    Have a Happy birthday II for Anje and Merry CHristmas again to you all...We got more snow last night too. Shoveled a little..
    Get well, leave the bugs in Arizona the sun will kill it there.
    Go out and take in all the sun shine for your Mom Love you all
    Mom.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I am working today. Hopefully my desk will get here soon. It's coming down to the wire on this move, hopefully Doug will be in his office today so that I can get ZEN installed. Will have my camera on at 11:30 or earlier.

    ReplyDelete