Friday, December 14, 2001

Shaylie's Hand...

I guess Grmama J missed the story about Shay's hand. I posted it on Dec. 3rd so you could go to the archives and look it up, but it is easier to just tell you again.

Shaylie grabbed my curling iron while it was hot. I heard her rattling around in my bathroom and was on my way in to shoo her out when she started screaming. When I got there, I grabbed her up and ran her hand under cold water for a few minutes...but I could tell it wasn't helping. We took her down to the InstaCare on River Road and they hurried us in (because poor Shaylie was screaming so badly, I'm sure). They put some cream that seemed to relieve the pain and wrapped her little hand just like a mitten. They also gave her some pain killer and gave me a prescription for Tylenol with Codeine. She had a big bandage on her hand for a few days, even though she hated it and was trying to get it off almost every second.

Her hand is almost completely healed now, but it is still very red. I'm afraid it will be scarred for quite some time. I was just glad that she is too little to really remember the pain. I'm sure we'll be telling her the story for some time though too. I've learned my lesson too. My curling iron is hanging securely on the wall where, even if I forget to turn it off (which I don't), Shaylie can't pull it down anymore.

So that's that. Today is a very gray and gloomy day. It was sprinkling a little rain earlier, and they say that it may turn to snow later this evening. That would be fun. It won't stay around long though. The only good thing about the winter weather is that it really does make it feel more like Christmas! Only 11 days and counting....Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment