Saturday, December 17, 2005

Time's flying...

Last Saturday before Christmas...we have been busy all day baking and making treats for Neighbors Treat Boxes. We are planning to deliver them sometime soon, maybe tonight, but my back is hurting so...maybe Monday. Even though they've been helping me bake, the girls have been bored as can be all day. I can't even put them to work because our house is pretty clean. You'd think baking cookies, making fudge and mints would occupy them but they still feel like they haven't done anything today. Growl.

Anyway, I still have much shopping to do. I'm almost done, but there are some of you that are very hard to shop for...We'll get by though, just remember that we love you no matter how much the gifts might bomb.

So, I just realized that I am sounding pretty grouchy...but I'm really not...I've been feeling pretty Christmasy all day. I'm even looking forward to going out to the stores and fighting crowds. I just might need a nap first. :)

I'm looking forward to having Grandma Rose come on Wednesday...Scott was supposed to go up to a conference on Tuesday and Wednesday in SLC, but I think I talked him out of it...He would miss the girls chorus concert and his mom would be here before he gets back, and I would miss him... all not good.

I also got the New Years' Invite out to all the fam. I haven't heard anything back from anyone though...maybe it's best to just get Christmas out of the way first. Y'all let me know when you know what you are doing...I can't wait...It should be tons of fun!

Love to all...be good. Santa's watching.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tonya,
    Merry Christmas. I have been doing much better myself with the Christmas spirit, including wishing everyone a "Merry Christmas" for about two weeks now. At 1st people didn't say anything, or just 'Have a nice day' but now I am getting lots of "Merry Christmas!", "Happy Holidays" & "Happy New Year". Pam & I spent the weekend in a shopping marathon and are almost ready!! This is amazing early for me. Pam sang with her choral group at the Dunkley's music and I was the only real audience. Everyone else was shopping. I told them "Thanks, it is amazing that 15 women got together and practiced for 3 months, just to put on a private Christmas concert for me. How could I not be full of Christmas spirit?!" Pam has a copy of the formal concert on CD. I can now hear her sing whenever I want.

    Anyway, I am glad you are all feeling better. It sounds like you are going to have a great Christmas. Please tell Rose Hi from us & Merry Christmas. I am glad Scott isn't traveling, it looks like there may be a storm. (Rose - Please be extra careful & travel safely.)

    Thanks for getting out the Christmas 2 invitations (New Years). We are making plans now. It is my understanding that Pam & I, Bryan, Dena, Ashton, Chance & Tina are all coming and we are staying at a motel (details to follow). Chad & Bella are coming, they need a place to stay. It is still up in the air for Mike & Erin (so put on all the pressure that you can, we really really want them to come, if they possibly can.) Mike only has the week between Christmas and New Years off, and Erin is moonlighting during the following week. Of course you all (J's) and Anissa & Anje are coming and have your own places.

    Now you need to send out food / entertainment / etc. assignments to everyone.

    Well, since my comment is longer than your blog, I better sign off.
    Love, Dad & btw "Merry Christmas" & "God bless us, every one"

    ReplyDelete