Thursday, December 15, 2005

Step 1 of Server Fix

Yesterday I spent a wonder 15 hour day moving to an older file server. I have to do that because the last upgrade we did to our good file server destroyed most of the software and it was decided that the easiest way to fix everything was to back everything off the server, wipe it out completely, and start over. Since I got the old server running about 8:30 last night, I am now free to wipe out the server. It will be nice to start with a clean operating system, the server had been developing little problems for the past several months now. And the best thing is, I got to practice setting up a server before having to do the main one ;-) I just wish it didn't take so long to copy 60 Gigs of file information. Well, at least most of that time was sit and wait time, so I finished my BoM reading last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment