Thursday, March 16, 2006

Crunch!

For those of you following the continuing saga of our lives, here is the latest installment...I crunched the cars!  I was backing out of the garage last night to take Savannah (Shaylie's friend) home and to deliver some GS cookies.  Savannah's dad had just pulled up outside the house when I was backing out of the garage, and I forgot that Scott had parked the Toyota on the driveway.  I stopped to talk to Savy's dad without incident, but when I lifted my foot off the brake to back out a little further, I heard a huge scrape and crunch.  The girls say I didn't say too many bad words (oh crap!) and the dad said, Oh sorry, I should have said something....well, I should have been paying attention, I guess.  I sat on the driveway after they left and cried for about 5 minutes then we left to deliver cookies.  The damage isn't bad.  I broke the taillight of the van and the driver side mirror on the Totaled.  Scott thinks we can buy the parts and make the repairs ourselves, so we are going to try.  No dents or scrapes though so we got off easy.

With the House, I went up to the agency today to check on Shaun's daughter and find out about the appraisal on our house.  He turned all his stuff over to a team called Corby and Craig.  I talked to Corby.  I guess Shaun's little girl is in a body cast (She's 2 btw), she broke her pelvis and they are still testing for other internal damage, but she is definitely not in a life threatening situation and it sounds like Shaun is still planning to go through with the purchase of our home.  Corby called the appraiser and he says that his report is not finished but that it looks like there should be no problem with the price we've been offered, which is great!  So it looks like we should be able to go on as planned, closing on the 3rd for this house and on the 6th for our new place.   Two weeks from Monday! I'm just really glad that it sounds like Shaun's little one is going to be all right!

Mom is coming down today and we are going to the Home and Garden Show at the Dixie Center.  I'm excited to get some good ideas for my new house.  I want to see all the fun and exciting new stuff there is....so many ideas, so little (money, time, etc.) I am hoping to at least paint the upstairs bathroom and maybe Shaylie's room, and maybe Taylor's room before we move in.  She's thinking wallpaper, I'm thinking not.  We'll have to work on it.

Anyway, a lot off my mind...I can start dreaming again, instead of envisioning nightmares of the worst kind.  Lucky for us, nothing is ever as bad as you think it is.  Love to everyone....post again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the crunch. If it helps any I did the same, only worse. About a month ago, I was driving back to Enterprise to pick up a receipt for a car I had dropped off the night before. I drove around the corner and into the parking lot through, what I thought, was the entryway. It turns out that their was a chain across the way and I drove right through it. Of course it was one of the busiest mornings ever at the shop! I tore off the grill and one of the headlight assemblies. Oh well, only ~$800.

    See, you are doing much better than your dad! Hang in there, it sounds like good things are just around the corner. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete