Monday, March 27, 2006

Heat Wave

I'm sitting in my computer lab at the school, where it's about 83 degrees.  The air conditioning is not working and even though it is a pretty nice day outside, it's a heat wave in here. One good thing is it puts the kids all in quite a mellow mood.  I am about to fall asleep, though, so I'm sure their brains are pretty mushy too.

Hard to believe it is the last week in March.  Time has been passing pretty slowly with all the anticipation of the new house...but only 7 days to closing.  10 until everything is official.  We can't wait.  We are hoping to be mostly moved in over the weekend of the 7th & 8th....and completely moved in by Easter.  (I'm sure I've said this all before but it's all I think about these days, so you all have to suffer with me.)  We've all been pretty stressed out, so it will be nice to have it all done.

In other news, Shaylie won her first soccer game on Saturday...Taylor won another one.  It's really fun to watch the younger kids play.  Shaylie was finally getting some kicks in, but unfortunately, that meant she was in the line of fire too and we had a few more tears than usual.  But she stuck it out and did a great job.  Taylor was goalie during the shoot out for her game.  She made an awesome save, and stood ready even though one scored and the other shots never came close.  Then our girls scored two to win.  Yay Eagles and Saturns!

Both girls are doing very well in school these days.  Shaylie is reading at level 4 and Taylor has been coming home and doing her homework right off the bat after school, which is saving us some grief.  They are both awesome girls! I'm very proud of them.

Well. Almost time for school to be out.  Gotta go before I melt.  Love to everyone...hope to hear from you or see you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Tonya,
    Thanks for the update. I am glad that the stress has a definite deadline to be over. I bet the girls can't wait to get into their new house.

    Great news about soccer. We are so proud of them for playing so well. Try to send some pictures showing them in action.

    And even better news about school!! Taylor, keep up on the homework, it is the secret to opening all kinds of doors to wonderful adventures. Shaylie, keep up the reading. I would like you to read me a story the next time that we come to visit.

    They are awesome girls. It comes from having such awesome parents. Love to you all. Papa & Gramma Pam

    ReplyDelete