Monday, September 24, 2007

Frustration...

Today has been a frustrating day.  First, we took the van in to the Dealer to see about making the repairs it needs...we found out that it is going to cost about $1200.00 to repair.  I was debating even doing it, since I want to get a new van if I get this job, but since I don't know about the job, I told them to go ahead.  At least maybe we can recoup some of the cost if we trade it in or sell it. 

Second, the job is still undecided.  I called the Human Resource office at DSC and I called the ETS director directly, but she said to call the HR office.  They didn't know what was happening (big surprise) but said they would get back to me which they never did.  My friend Marsha, who was in on the interviews, emailed me today and said that I should have heard by now (which led me to believe that I did NOT get it) but then she emailed me again and told me that they still have not made the final decisions and that there might be another PT opening at Millcreek High and perhaps they are trying to fill that from this round of applicants rather than open it up again.  In any case, it is overly frustrating that it is taking so long.  I really am trying to be patient (even though it doesn't sound like it) but it's been two months since the original closing date and a week since the interview which seems excessive to me.  Plus, with the aforementioned car repairs, it would be nice to know for sure.

Lastly, with my health:  I called the Dr's office today to schedule the Biopsy, but their computers were down and the nurse said that they needed to put my name in the computer system which then automatically assigns me a time and day for the appt. and then they call me to let me know....except that they never called me, either.  And I have a bunch of kanker sores in my mouth...and I am having a much more mundane monthly ailment, which caused me to miss church yesterday and now everyone thinks I'm dying.  I've had phone calls, and one person brought me some spaghetti sauce and a box of spaghetti...which was very nice.  But really, I'm feeling just fine...though frustrated that this is taking so long too. 

Hopefully, the coming days will bring me some resolution.  I am tired of writing about the same issues over and over again...as tired as you are of reading about them, I'm sure.   I really feel like everything will be all right.  I just need to be more patient in awaiting my fate.

3 comments:

  1. Yes my dear, be patient. I told you everyone wanted to bring in Dinner.....
    Everything will be fine.. and all the info your waiting for will probley come in a 2 hour period and then you'll think that is overwhelming..Stay calm and yu've always said "It happens for a reason". I love you..... Call if you find out the info's Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Do you remember all those times you prayed for patience, humility, understanding, etc. God works in mysterious ways. Your Mom gave you good advice, try to hang in there and just let it happen. All of the worry in the world can't change a single thing. Work on the things you can affect and enjoy this beautiful day.

    We love you and are thinking about you all of the time.
    Dad & Pam

    ReplyDelete