Saturday, September 8, 2007

Fun and New

We had a good time today at Taylor's first soccer game.  She played goalie, of course, and her team won 2-1.  She had two really great stops in the first half and only let the one through.  She shook that one off and made a terrific stop with no defense and three shots on goal.  (Scott was so proud!)

Her team won on a penalty shot that sailed right over all the defenders heads and into the high corner of the goal.  And all this in one of the hottest September days I can remember in a long time.  No shade or umbrellas made it very hard on us, let alone the girls playing.  They did a great job!

Afterwards, we found out that we were playing Taylor's friend Kaitlan's team.  She came up to Taylor after the game and said that her whole team hates her.  I took that to be the compliment that it was. 

Taylor went with the Sabaitis family to Zion this afternoon.  They hiked up to the Emerald Pools.  They invited our whole family to go, but I have been sick the past few days, and Shaylie has been complaining about her tummy, so we stayed home.  It would have been fun to go though.  I always get sick at the beginning of the school year.  Darn germs.

Shaylie is doing very well with her piano practice.  Her teacher gave her about four songs to practice, including Mary had a little lamb.  She seems to be having fun with it and I think it will be good for her.  She is improving daily and I fully expect to have two little musicians at my house before long.  I'm envisioning many flute/piano duets in the girls future.

Scott is doing well.  He spent the morning taking our Toyota to the shop to have the brakes replaced.  He wanted to take a big bike ride, but he gave it up to do this.  They couldn't have it done until the afternoon, so unfortunately, that meant we had to use the van all day. This is risky business because it keeps overheating.  I haven't wanted to spend anymore money on it until I know about the job I've applied for, but now we're thinking it may be a fan belt or something easy (cheap) to fix.  I'll likely make an appointment for it next week...so we may soon have two working cars again soon.  That would be nice.  Scott will probably try to get his bike ride in tomorrow.  He just got it working well too, so he wants to try it out.

Thanks for checking in with us.  We'll post again soon.  Love to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Taylor is really a Goin Goalie..... How is the flute going. Does Tay like it.
    We had our Primary program Funday and that got me wondering when yours will be,
    let me know so I can make it..... Hope the car thing is minor. you should take it to the CTE ..they only charge you for parts. If it is a simple thing. If they have a automobile repair shop at Dixie soon to be UofU South.....I understand.
    Love to all of you Mom

    ReplyDelete