Monday, June 16, 2008

I guess I better write more

Now that everyone is jumping ship from the mothership blog, I guess I better write more. UDOT has torn apart the bike trail at the intersection of Bluff Street and Main, so I had to find a new route to work.  Funny thing is, the new route is about two and a half miles shorter.  However, it is causing me to lose mileage, so I guess I will have to bike more on weekends. I will pass 1700 miles for the year this week.  The city built a new bike trailon the south side of the virgin river over by Bloomington Hills.  It is really nice, it is right next to the river, so I could hop off the bike and jump into the river easily.

I am working on a new layout for my office.  I have an ongoing discussion thread about it on the Zealot hobby forum.  Here is a link: http://forum.zealot.com/t159574/ if you would like to see pictures of it and watch my progress.  So far it is turning out pretty nicely.

We bought a month membership at the new community center, so we have been trying to go swimming there almost everyday.  I need to find a way to work in a workout while I am there.

Train club meeting tomorrow night.  We are putting in the final piece of Jim's layout so now he will be able to run trains all the way around.  His layout is incredible and I can't wait to see trains going around.  It has taken two years to get to this point, so it will be really fun.

Girl Scout camps start next week.  The busy season begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment