Saturday, June 21, 2008

Around the town

Well, I have been slacking in my weekend bike rides so I decided I better ride around town, plus I wanted to checkout some things. There is a new park over in Green Valley that opened yesterday and I wanted to see that, it is a really nice park, but it looks like a morning and evening park, little shade no covering over the playground. As I biked past Tonaquint Park, I saw that the city has hung an awning over the playground equipment, that will be nice. Neither park is as good as Hidden Valley Park, but I think that might be the nicest park ever. Also, as I biked back into town, I biked to J.C. Snow Park and the Dog Park is now completed!!!! Nobody was there, so I don't think anyone knows about it. Can't wait to let Blackberry run around at it. Was a great bike ride, it was just over 30 miles today! I need to do that more often, feels great!

Edit: Almost forgot.  there was a fairly major car accident up by Dixie College that I biked to.  Appears that one car was making a left turn and the other can coming straight didn't stop for the light (That never happens in St. George (how do I show sarcasm on a blog) In fact, there is a color called St. George Green, that is very often confused for red)  I asked if it had been called in and a few seconds later a policeman pulled up.  The two vehicles are both done, their front ends were a LOT smaller that they were supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment