Monday, August 11, 2008

Good To Be Home!

It's hard to believe that just yesterday morning we were taking one last swim in the beautiful blue Puerto Rican waves...but like all good things, it had to come to an end.  Our flights were uneventful and we drove up to our house about 2:30 am this morning.  I had to go wake up the girls to tell them we were home...Shaylie opened her eyes and said, "Mom, why aren't you home?" I kissed her then she promptly went back to sleep. She didn't even remember waking up in the morning.   Taylor did though...she was glad we were home too.

We had the best time and our vacation (even with the training) was restful and fun.  It sure hasn't taken long, though, before we are getting back into our chaotic routine.  I had a meeting this morning with ETS and we've been getting ready for tomorrow (FIRST DAY of SCHOOL) and I've had several calls about Primary and I went shopping with the rest of the world at Wal-Mart and everything else that needs to be done after a vacation. 

I have to give a big THANK YOU to my mom!!!!  Thanks so much for staying with the girls this week.  I know they loved spending time with you and it was good knowing they were being well looked after.  I am so grateful for your sacrifice!  You're the best!

More Big First Day news tomorrow...see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment