Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Half-way

We are half-way through our Puerto Rico vacation!  It has been so much fun so far...my first workshop ended today and we had a whole half-day of free time.  Tomorrow will be the same since my next workshop doesn't begin until 2:30 in the afternoon. 
Mofongo Relleno--YUM!
Today, we hit the pool and then walked up the street to a fun local restaurant called Metropol.  It was recommended to me by the great Puerto Rican friends we met here at the training.  It was about a 15 minute walk (dripping in the high humidity) but well worth it.  I had fresh Salmon with lime, rice and beans and sweet plantains.  Scott had pepper steak prepared Cuban style with rice and beans and salad.  Everything was SO GOOD!  I think my new favorite food is Plantains.  I've had a variation for two nights in a row and loved it both times.  After dinner, we hit a  little mall for souvenir shopping and headed back to the hotel and SWIMMING POOL again!!!

Tomorrow we are planning on being beach bums and maybe visiting Old San Juan again.  I wanted to go into the fort and explore a bit more.  We ARE going to the BioBay on Friday night.  I booked it today...I'm so excited.  I so wish my camera was working.  It has a night setting that would probably get some good shots, but it died yesterday with an E18 error which is the kiss of death, I guess.  Oh well...I might go get a disposable waterproof camera that might work.  At least we'll have our memories of the experience. 

We love and miss you all!  Thanks for checking our blog to see what we're up to.  More posts to come!

1 comment:

  1. food looks really good....I could almost smell it. Stephanie, and her girls and Taylor and I went to the Olive Garden after the Back to school thing tonight.....Guess who Taylors science teacher is ..It is Realaine Stephenson Brinkerhoff (Get she) Her hame is hard to spell now but sounds like that. When we got into the class I was surprised to see her..It is Rheadean's daughter,,Jac's cousin...I'm sure you know her....We talked about our trip to Atlanta and she was glad to meet Tay..She just got married last year and moved down here..talk to you later...looks like your having a good time.....

    ReplyDelete