Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Firsts

null
Today was the first day of school for Shaylie and Taylor.  Shaylie met her teacher for the first time...Mrs. Seville.  This is her first year teaching at Riverside...she seems very nice and Shaylie did have a few friends in her class.  We walked to school together this morning (as per our tradition) and she tried to come home on her own but ended up on the wrong street so I had to go pick her up...doesn't bode well for future excursions, I'm afraid...she had her cell phone so it was no big!

Taylor almost missed the bus as we were posing for this picture right when the bus was supposed to be coming...for some reason we were too busy vamping it up to pay attention to the time...she ran down the street with a few minutes to spare before the bus came.  She had a very good day at school as well.   She sat with her friend Aubrey on the bus and was a little bummed when her friend Conner wasn't in her Band class...but he is in her other class so that's okay.  There is a Foxtrot cartoon that reminded me of Taylor today.  If I can find it again, I'll post it here.  It's funny, yet at the same time, it scares the goobers out of me that she's getting to be THAT age.  Yikes....we'll see how it goes. 

Both the girls looked cute...it's hard to tell from my fuzzy pics, but since my camera went on the fritz...it's all there is.

Scott gave both the girls blessings last night and it really helped them to put aside their first day jitters.  I think it's going to be a really good year for both of them. 

Scott also had a first day today...his first 10-hour workday.  I hope he adjusts all right.  It could be good for him.  At any rate, a 3-day weekend is never a bad thing...

Well, more to come later, I'm sure.  Thanks for checking in on us and leave us a message.  I found out that it is proper blog etiquette to leave a post WHENEVER you read someone's blog...so don't be rude!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment