Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sleep-in day!

Today was the only day that Tonya didn't have classes in the morning.  So we stayed in bed till 7:30!  It was really different to have to wait in line at breakfast, so we will definately be back to doing it in the early mornings.



After breakfast, we headed to the beach because Tonya wanted to see the sun and play in the waves.  It was windier this time, so the waves were a little harder to fload on.  I decided to swim out to the bouye (about a quarter mile out)  Tonya was nervous as I go about half way there as I would disappear with the waves.  I made it ok and swam back, although I have achieved my daily intake of salt for the next year or so (I do not like salt water in my face)  After that we sat on the beach for a while and Tonya wanted to say hi to the girls so she made this sign.  After going back in the ocean for a while, we headed back to the hotel.

They were working on our door so we went to the pool and swam for an hour.  It is much easier to swim in a pool than in an ocean.  The pool is great.  Since we ate breakfast latem we decided to skip lunch.  We will go to Outback for dinner.  Tonya had her new class start at 2 so when that is over we'll go out.  As I am a little sun burned, I bet Tonya is hurting right now.  Hope she is ok.  More later....

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!!
    Looks like you are having an incredible time. We are jealous. I am especially jealous of Scott's swim to the bouy and all the amazing plantain meals that Tonya is eating. I think you need to come up to Orem after your trip and we will put some plantains on the bbq.

    Pam saw a show on the Food Network today. Have Fork, Will Travel. It gave 10 of the best places in Puerto Rico to eat.

    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_hf/0,3180,FOOD_30217,00.html

    I couldn't find the content, but I am sure you will. Anyway, can't wait to hear your adventures first hand.

    Love from Dad & Pam

    ReplyDelete