Friday, November 23, 2001

Happy Holidays!!

We had a terrific Thanksgiving! We came to Mom's house on Wednesday night and tried to help her with the Feast preparations but she had done so much already, there wasn't too much to be done! I wrenched my back right before we left St. George, so I wasn't much help anyway!

The food was great and I totally blew my diet, but it was only one day and I had planned for it by saving up some points to splurge. Taylor had a great time visiting with Grmama, cousin Anje, Aunt Krissy and Uncle Chad, Great and Poppa.

We all had a fun time after dinner playing Phase 10, even Scott... then Aunt Krissy introduced us to one of her family's traditions...we all wrote letters to Santa then then we watched the chimney outside as they were burned one by one in the fireplace. If a lot of sparks came out of the chimney then you were a really good girl/boy. The elves then gather the ashes and whisk the letters off to Santa Claus. It was fun!

Today there are a few snow flurries coming down. We are hoping for a full blown storm, since it has been a long time since any of us have seen snow....let alone a snow storm.. We'll keep watching.

Our love to everyone. Hope you all had a terrific holiday!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!

    We are still in the middle of our celebration. Instead of doing it all on Thurs, we decided to spread it out. Pam & I put the turkey in at ~6:30 thinking it would be done about noon. We went back to bed and then leisurely got things ready for a quiet dinner with just the two of us. Guess what? The Turkey popped at 9:30!! We checked the temp and sure enough he was done - golden brown & beautiful, 3 hrs early!! We put him on low heat and finished everything up. We had a great dinner. Pam is the most incredible of cooks! Later that evening Mike & Erin came over. We had a great time with them, more turkey & pie, cards & getting caught up on everything. Erin has a job at metrotech. She has already started and is enjoying herself. Today (Fri) Mike & Erin are coming back after Mike gets off work & Bryan, Dena & Ashton are coming over after they get back from the zoo. We will all be indulging in more turkey, pie & games. And then there is still two more days of the celebration to go!!

    We miss all of you so very much but are incredibly thankful that we have you as part of our wonderful family. I don't know how we could be more blessed.

    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, especially Taylor, Shaylie and Anje, but also to Tonya, Scott, Anissa, Chad & Krissy.

    Love from Papa & Pama Strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, everyone. You guys don't get out on that road if it is snowing. It is really coming down right now, was a very busy day yesterday with roof leaks and snow. Hope the O'Briens had a good time in Cal. if I was them I wouldn't come home to Sandpiper. Ha. We had a nice Thanksgiving Day, we went by the cemetery before we headed for Roy but was raining so hard I couldn't get out. It was a sad day for me, but it will be ok. Took my remembrance candle and I know he is in a better place but still a big hole in my heart. Sorry, I didn't mean to do this, I try not to burden people with my sorrow. Wish I was there to play in the snow with Taylor and Shaylie. Please, be careful driving home, buckle everyone up. My Love and Prayers, Mom J. and Grmama J.

    ReplyDelete