Thursday, November 10, 2005

She's Alive! Thanks for a New Job! And Merry Christmas already!

(How's that for wrapping up all the Holidays in one...)

Well, I'm back to the land of the living...I hope. I came home from work yesterday with a raging headache and woke up in the middle of the night with some kind of eye infection. It all seems better today, so I am up and about. I think my headache was brought on by sitting at the computers for about 4 hours straight yesterday...Today, I'm going to have to set a timer to remind myself that I need to get up and move every so often. I have been trying to update the computers and install software while the kids are off for SEP's and it has been a real challenge. I am not sure that I will be done for Monday, especially since I have two different meetings scheduled for today and tomorrow. Scott is right...they aren't paying me enough.

I can't remember if I posted about my new job though. I was just hired by the ClubMom website to become a Go-To Mom. This means that I will be writing two articles each month to be published on their website. Mostly advice, how-to, stories from the heart, etc. in the category of Friends. I applied about two months ago, mostly just to get the 2,000 club mom points. But they told me about a week ago, that they liked my submission & I just got the contract today. This is pretty great because I guess they had quite a few people apply. Anyway, it is another baby step toward my ultimate goal of becoming an author. I guess it is reaching my goal of being published...even though I have a hard time believing that this counts. But, hey, I'm getting paid to write....so what's not to count. It's only $100.00 a month plus 2,000 club mom points, but I'm going to save up my points so I can take a trip with them (in about 10 years). I'm just excited because it's a national forum and I'll be working with real editors and learning a lot! I just hope all my friends and family don't mind being my subjects. I promise to try not to embarrass anybody, and if I do, I'll change your names to protect the innocent.

The family is doing great! We are shocked to see so much of Christmas before Thanksgiving these days but it is really getting us into the Christmas Spirit. Marketing works! I have already started some Christmas shopping. In fact, you guys can all really help us....Taylor wants a new full size bed this year and I am looking for good (cheap) deals. If anybody sees anything, please let us know. She is getting old enough and big enough to have one and I am anxious to put the bunk beds back together. She also wants an electric guitar & lessons for Christmas. I think now that she knows about Santa, she is being extra extravagant...funny that. As for Shaylie, dear Santa Claus, she wants anything and everything....Topping her list is a Barbie Jam with Me Guitar, Skydancer Castle, and Care Bear Cub Love-a-Lot Bear, Furby, and Pound Puppies. She won't even get a fraction of what she asked for, but she's easy to please. Scott and I got a new transmission for Christmas so all we want is our Credit Card paid off...we are currently in negotiations with Santa for terms.

We love you and miss all of you wherever you may be. My favorite thing about the holidays is being able to see everybody I love. Which reminds me, does anybody know where New Year's is this year? I had a feeling it is at my house, which would be awesome, but I didn't know for sure...

Post again soon...

5 comments:

  1. I was listening to my usual podcasts and in one of them, an eye doctor said if you are using a CRT monitor, you should get up and walk away from the computer for a least 10 minutes every hour, so that your eyes can look at something that is not flickering. The doctor said that LCD monitors do not have that problem. As all of your computers are CRT's, well, you get the idea. ;-)
    Don't forget to post links to your atricles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya,
    Congratulation on being a professional author (getting paid makes you a professional - make sure and tell us so we can celebrate your 1st paycheck).
    Extreme sympathy on the headache's. I get into a computer funk and completely forget about time. Try setting a timer to tell you when to get up and move around. The other method that works is to drink lots & lots of water - your biology will get you up moving before long!.

    It really hasn't been decided but the general opinion is that we should have New Years in a central location. Let's make it official and have it at your place this year??

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.flickr.com/help/photos/#34

    That will answer all of your questions about Flickr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Scott,
    I am trying to update my email contacts and I am confused by all of the duplicate ones that I have for the Jesienouski's. Is there any way, without causing you to be overwhelmed in spam, to publish the current emails for the family on your website? Just an idea. Love to you and the family, Roger

    ReplyDelete
  5. certainly,

    scott A with a circle around it the tech family no spaces period com
    tonyajez A with a circle around it yahoo period com

    ReplyDelete