Friday, November 11, 2005

Security Upgrade

Well I have done it now. I have been studying Wireless Security a lot lately and I finally got around to using real security on our home network. I used to disable SSID (almost worthless), MAC filter (almost worthless) and WEP (very hackable). Well, I have now upgraded to WPA-PSK with TKIP data encryption. Also, my passphrase is 63 random CHARACTERS LONG! I feel really secure now :-D The nice thing is, with that much security, I am able to turn SSID on so that I can find my access point and I can turn MAC filtering off. If any of you understood anything I just said, you can tell that you have been related to me for a very long time. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I guess I need to be related alot longer because I only understood (with clarity about half) Good thing I have the time.

    ReplyDelete