Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Busy Today

Today is Tuesday and one of the busiest ones in a while. I am not feeling at all well, my usual crampy blues....it taps my energy for just about anything but staring into space. (Come on, girls, you know what I'm talking about)...but life must go on.

I have to get the girls to their dance dress rehearsal today after school. Shaylie's costume, which they supposedly measured her for, is way too big so I have to find a way to take it in. I also had to go and buy her some new shoes since they wanted black for the costume. Taylor's costume also needs work since she didn't take very good care of it last year and I also think it is getting a little small. Then later tonight I am teaching my Beehive girls how to crochet. They all wanted to learn how to make a scarf or something. I hope it goes well for them. I've never tried to teach anyone to crochet before, so it should be interesting.

I was sorry I didn't get to talk to anyone on Thankgiving. I read all the blogs and heard the messages and it sounds like everyone had fun. We are looking forward to having New Years here this year. We should have an extra bed and a blow up mattress and there is room at Anissa's place so we should have plenty of room (I hope).

I had my conference call on Monday and I have to get my first two articles to the website by Dec. 15th. They will likely "go live" at the beginning of January. I am very nervous about this...I hope my mind doesn't fail me anytime soon. When I get the URL, I will post it here and you can link right to the page....if you are interested.

Grandpa seems to be doing better. When we left, he was just finishing a 24 hour lie-down. He is supposed to lie down if he feels even the tingiest headache come on. They said they would have the results in about a week...so we'll know more then. They think it is some sort of fluid in his brain and it is upsetting is equilibrium. Scary. He'll be in our prayers and Scott is going to the temple tomorrow so we're putting his name in the rolls. ...You know, one of the things I love the best about Grandpa is that he never has a bad attitude about anything. He is always smiling and laughing and making the rest of us laugh and feel better. I hate to think that he is getting old but what a terrific person he is no matter his age. I may be biased but I feel that he has lived a life that he can be proud of and that's not saying a little. I love you Papa! You are the best.

Well, unlike my grandfather, I am full of complaints. I am staying home from work today because of my affliction. I wish it was a weekend, because I hate to lose the mon-a hon-a. It's really not fair that the one in the family who never gets sick has about 16 years worth of sick leave built up and the one (me) who is sick constantly (according to my hubby) has none. Maybe I need a better job. It seems I can still write even when I am sick though, hmmm...something to think about.

Okay. I expect to hear from everyone on our blog in the next day or so. I don't think having your own blog is an excuse for not commenting on ours. I feel very sad when I see people posting on other blogs and not on ours. I know you don't want to make me cry. I love you all and I hope to see you all soon.

PS...Grandma J--I hope you saw Scott's message about staying with us for all of your 7 vacation days. Wouldn't you feel better knowing they aren't going to waste? Think about it...we would love it if you could stay a little longer this year.

2 comments:

  1. I read the blog....I'm sorry you are still having trouble in the cramp area.
    I was hoping your children would of taken that away from you. Well at least thats one bad thing I didn't give you!!...When is the dance performance. I doubt I can come unless it is Fri or a Sat. depends.
    Love you. Thanks for all you people did at my house over THanksgiving.
    Love you lots. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry you don't feel well. I can totally relate though :(
    Sounds like you guys are keeping busy. Wish we could have been there on thanksgiving to help out!
    Hopefully we will get up there for New Year's!!
    Love and miss you lots!!
    Erin and Mike

    ReplyDelete